Note: Filipinos who intend to avail themselves of consular services are encouraged to book an appointment by clicking the following link:
A. NBI CARD FINGERPRINTING
- Personal appearance
- Duly accomplished NBI Form
- One (1) colored 2x2 size photo with white plain background
- Copy of passport
- Fee – USD 25 (for notarial services)
Note: If the person will not be able to go to the Philippines to process the NBI Clearance, he/she should execute a Special Power of Attorney authorizing a representative in the Philippines to file, process and claim the NBI Clearance in the Philippines. If the NBI clearance will be used in Cambodia, this should be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs' Authentication Division located at:
DFA Office of Consular Affairs
ASEANA Macapagal Ave cor. Bradco Ave. Paranaque City
Tel No.: (632) 834-4000/ 651-9413
Other DFA consular offices (CO) that may also perform the authentication service are:
- DFA NCR-Northeast (Ali Mall, Cubao, Quezon City)
- DFA NCR-East (SM Megamall)
- DFA NCR-West (SM Manila)
- DFA NCR-South (Metro Gaisano Alabang)
- DFA Regional Consular Offices (confirm if your local DFA CO offers authentication, as not all DFA COs do.)
RENEWAL OF NBI CLEARANCE
Applicants who were previously issued NBI Clearance Certificates from 2014 to present may now renew their NBI Clearance Certificate without the need of accomplishing a new NBI Fingerprint Card, provided that their is no change in the applicant’s personal information as indicated in his/her latest NBI Clearance Certificate.
On the other hand, for Clearance Certificates issued prior to 2014, the application will be treated as new, hence, will follow the requirements and procedure of application for New/First Time Applicants.
How do I apply for the renewal of my NBI Clearance if there is no change in my personal information?
- Submit to the NBI your latest Clearance Certificate (issued from 2014 onwards) together with the amount of Php 200.00, a 2×2 photograph with white background (taken within the last 3 months prior to the application), and a photocopy of your valid passport data page.
- If above documents will be submitted by a representative, a Letter of Authorization is also required.
If I have a NBI Clearance Certificate that was issued after 2014 but there is a change in my Surname, can I just mail my latest NBI Clearance Certificate and supporting documents directly to NBI?
No. If there is a change in the personal information of the applicant, he/she should follow the requirements and procedure for New/First-Time applicants and submit also his/her latest NBI Clearance Certificate and supporting documents (Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate) as proof of the changes to be applied.
B. TRAVEL CLEARANCE FOR FILIPINO MINORS TRAVELING TO CAMBODIA
Filipino minor children (below 18 years old) traveling to Cambodia alone or unaccompanied by either parent will require a Travel Clearance issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). The DSWD will require the following documents:
- Affidavit of Support and Consent – to be executed by both parents. If child is born out of wedlock, to be executed by the mother only.
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) – if the minor child has no passport yet. The SPA will authorize a person other than the parents to apply for the child's passport on their behalf.
- Fees – USD 25 (for Affidavit only); USD 50 (for Affidavit and SPA)
For more details regarding the application procedure for a DSWD Travel Clearance, please click the link below:
C. ACCREDITATION OF FOREIGN MEDIA AND DOCUMENTARY FILM MAKERS
Foreign newsmen and journalists visiting the Philippines in pursuit of their profession are required to apply for a temporary visitor's visa.
The following are additional requirements for visa application of foreign newsmen, journalist, cinema/television groups:
- Duly accomplished visa application form with one (1) photo
- Original and photocopy of the duly accomplished IPC form
- Original passport and photocopy of the passport (data page only)
- Letter of request stating their intention to do a documentary film/report in the Philippines
- List of crew members and designation
- Curriculum vitae
- List of equipment
- Itinerary and flight details
- Payment of visa fee of US$25 for single entry, valid for three (3) months
For accreditation purposes, a letter of request enclosing the duly accomplished IPC application form with one (1) picture has to be sent in advance, through email, to the International Press Center (IPC) in Manila:
Director for Media Relations
International Press Center (IPC)
Presidential Communications Operations Office
G/F National Press Club Building
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila 1002
Telefax No. (+632) 33 66 095
Upon arrival in the Philippines, the journalist/s must proceed to the International Press Center for accreditation. Requirements are as follows:
- Original duly accomplished IPC accreditation form
- Photocopy of the passport (pages 1 & 2) and latest arrival stamp in the Philippines
- Two (2) pieces 2x2 colored pictures with white background per member
D. TRAVELERS TAKING PET ANIMALS TO THE PHILIPPINES
- Vaccination Card (if available) showing the pet's vaccination for rabies, canine distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, canine parvovirus, or feline panleukopenia and proof that the animal was treated for internal and external parasites.
- Health Certificate issued by a duly licensed local veterinarian not more than 30 days before arrival in the Philippines. It should certify that the animal is free from, and has not been recently exposed to, any dangerous communicable disease, and that it has been given anti-rabies and other required inoculations. The Health Certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MFAIC) of the Kingdom of Cambodia and subsequently authenticated by the Philippine Embassy
- Import Permit from the Bureau of Animal Industry of the Department of Agriculture (DA-BAI) in the Philippines. The application for the Import Permit may be (1) filed directly with DA-BAI or (2) the traveler may file the application upon arrival in Manila with the Quarantine Officer stationed at the airport upon presentation of the above-mentioned Health Certificate. In the case of direct application, the application for Import Permit may be filed by any party on behalf of the owner, who has to provide details such as the kind, breed, age, etc; and pay the application fee. A copy of the Import Permit should be faxed or mailed to the owner by the person who applied on his behalf.
Bureau of Animal Industry
Animal Health Division
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. + 63 2 926 6883 / +63 2 927 0971 / +63 2 925 43 43 / +63 2 920 0816
Fax +63 2 926 6866 / +63 2 920 0815